It’s no surprise that email is one of the most effective marketing mediums out there; after all, it’s a direct line of communication between you and your customers. But did you know that it’s also one of the most cost-effective ways you can promote your company? With an incredible $44 ROI for every $1 spent, it makes sense why so many people are taking advantage of this powerful strategy. So how can you stand out from the competition? Video Newsletters.
Adding video to your email marketing is proven to increase click-through rates and reduce unsubscribes. It also allows you to engage your customers in a more personal and interactive way. Video Email is a fantastic avenue for building rapport and connecting with your network, but sometimes you have more to say than will fit in (or be appropriate for) a video email. That’s where Video Newsletters come in. They’re the perfect way to nurture those relationships when you have a lot of great information to share.
So how do you effectively use Video Newsletters for your business?
It all starts with your topic. Once you know what you want to share with your customers, you can organize that content into a simple yet stunning Video Newsletter. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- In the News– Let your customers know when you make headlines or get recognized. It builds credibility and reminds them they support a business that’s making a difference. A quick video to highlight recent success also offers a more personal touch.
- Promotions – Share information on current or upcoming sales. Include a short commercial showing off some of your products to get customers excited about cashing in on the deals. Don’t forget to provide dates and link to your site so they can also make a purchase now.
- Invitations/Events – Are you hosting an event? Personalize your invitation and share your story. Are you raising money for a cause or recognizing someone’s achievements? Use a video to show your network why this is one event they don’t want to miss.
- Coupons – People love to save money—and your customers are no different. They’ll welcome a helping of discounted offers delivered to their inboxes. But don’t stop there; take advantage of this opportunity to connect using a short video thanking them for their business.
- Announcements – When there’s a lot going on, sometimes it’s best to compile your announcements into one newsletter rather than blasting multiple email messages. Don’t forget to share your excitement and describe how these updates will benefit them in a friendly video.
- Lead Generation – When you find value in something, you share it. So when your customers are motivated to forward your content on to their contacts, you’ll be prepared—because you attach a Sign-up Form to all of your Video Newsletters making it easier than ever to capture new leads.
- Blog Posts/Articles – Showcase the many ways you’re providing insightful information, helpful tips, and powerful resources by linking to them in your Video Newsletters. A light and personable video directing customers to your blog is a simple way to keep them engaged.
- Include Calls to Action – The CTA is possibly the most important aspect of any communication. It gives your customers an actionable next step and encourages them to do something—buy a product, get more info, contact you… Including a clickable CTA in the newsletter and a verbal reminder in your video is an effective way to remind them what they should do now.
Combining the power of video with the effectiveness of email marketing could be one of the smartest business decisions you make. It’s fast, easy, and reaches your customers on a personal level that’s hard to achieve otherwise. And with so many different messages to share—and so many ways to share it—there’s always a reason to connect with your customers.